We got to know Mona Ead Mikati, the designer behind Mounay, last year when she joined us on Raghunter.
She had just launched her first collection around that time, and today you can find Mounay designs in 6 different cities: Tripoli (Lebanon), Khobar and Jeddah (KSA), Kuwait City (Kuwait), Cairo (Egypt), Muscat (Oman), and online at Mooda.com. Read her full bio and more about the Mounay label right here.
Mona is based in Dubai but produces her collection in Beirut, so we took the opportunity to visit her atelier when she was in town this time around and ask her our much-loved 7 Questions.
In a narrow Geitawi street is Mounay's atelier (if you've driven through those streets, you'll understand when we say we had to call her a few times for directions). We finally landed the right street and Mona met us outside with her big smile and chirpy attitude as always.
Her atelier is one big open space with tailors working at different stations. Mona showed us around the atelier and below are the pics we snapped along the way.
They were working on pieces of her latest F/W 14'15 collection that is available for you to see on Raghunter, here's a little preview.
Get to know another side of Mounay.
7 Questions With Mounay
1. Biggest design inspiration?New York City.
2. Person whose closet you’d most like to raid?Iris Apfel, I am obsessed with her accessories, she gives a whole new sense to layering and I wouldn’t mind “borrowing” a thing or two from her closet!
3. Biggest fashion regret?Colored braces in high school, not sure what I was thinking..
4. Theme song to your life?Positive songs in general, and for now, I would choose “Happy” by Pharrell Williams (because nothing ever beats having a positive state of mind).
5. Dream dinner guest, living or not?Audrey Hepburn
6. Worst vice?Morning coffee addiction
7. Secret talent?Burnt food! I am so talented at ruining almost every recipe I attempt to prepare. Does that count?