4 cups all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon baking soda
3/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon salt
6 large eggs, separated
3 cups whole milk
170g unsalted melted butter (about ¾ cup)
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Sliced banana pieces (about 2 bananas)
1. Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar into a large bowl and add salt.
2. In medium bowl, whisk together yolks, milk, melted butter, and vanilla until combined.
3. Whisk yolk mixture into flour mixture until just combined; batter will be slightly lumpy.
4. Place egg white in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, or whisk by hand, add a pinch of salt and beat until medium peaks form.
5. Gently mix half the egg whites into batter with a rubber spatula.
6. Gently fold in remaining egg whites (it's okay to have egg white streaks remaining to appear).
7. Heat a griddle or a crepe pan until hot.
8. Add butter onto pan add and add 1/4 cup pancake batter sprinkle with a few slices of banana slices and let set. When bubbles begin to form and when golden brown, flip the pancake.
9. Cook until golden brown on other side.
Recommended sides to add: Maple Syrup, Nutella/Any Preferred Chocolate, Honey, Jam, Fresh Berries.