Vegetable cooking spray
4 cups old-fashioned oats
1 cup coarsely chopped nuts and seeds of your choice (almonds, pecans, walnuts, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
1/2 cup coarsely chopped dried cherries or raisins or cranberries
1/2 cup unsweetened coconut flakes
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
Pinch of sea salt
1/3 cup vegetable oil or coconut oil
1/4 cup light flavored honey
1/2 cup light brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 160 celsius degrees. Lightly coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
2. In a large bowl, stir together oats, nuts and seeds, coconut, cinnamon, and salt. Set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, combine oil, honey, and sugar.
4. Bring to a boil and remove from heat.
5. Stir in vanilla. Drizzle syrup over oat mixture; toss with a wooden spoon.
6. Pour granola onto sheet pan and spread evenly. Bake, stirring occasionally, until golden (about 25 minutes).
7. Let granola cool completely.
8. Break it into chunks and add cranberries/raisins/cherries.
9. Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
Recommended sides to add: Greek Yoghurt, Fromage Blanc, Fresh Berries, Fresh Fruit Pieces (sliced banana), and/or Almond Milk.