12 eggs whisked and mixed with 1 tablespoon of water
Salt and freshly ground pepper
2 cups kale or spinach, finely chopped
5 tablespoons olive oil, divided
1 medium potato, peeled and grated on the largest holes of a box grater
1 onions peeled and grated on the largest holes of a box grater
1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
1/2 cup grated cheese (or more to taste): gruyere or parmesan
1. Turn oven to 180C. In an oven safe non stick pan, heat 1 tablespoon olive oil and cook kale until tender.
2. Set kale aside to cool and add 2 tablespoons olive to pan, heat and cook the potatoes and onions in the olive oil until soft. Set aside to cool.
3. Whisk the eggs, potatoes mix, kale, basil, and grated cheese and season to taste.
4. In the same pan, pour the egg mix and bake the frittata in the oven for about 20 minutes, until edges are lightly brown and nearly set in the center.
5. Serve warm or can be made 1 day ahead and reheated.
Recommended sides to add: Smoked Salmon Platter, Bacon, Crusty Bread, Green Salad.