Alert: New cool fashion concept store in Beirut.
We first heard about Scarlet Concept Store when a few friends raved about it. Scarlet is a new concept store situated in the heart of Achrafieh. We escaped from the office the other day and popped over to see it for ourselves.
We sat with Ms. Clara Chammas, one of the owners who made our visit all the more warm and welcoming (thank you Clara!). We had a pretty long chat about why she decided to open the concept store and what she's trying to bring to the local fashion market in Beirut - all the while sifting through her collections, trying on some clothes and snapping photos to share with you.
Here's what we discovered from our conversation with her, and more so, why we think you should definitely head down there if you haven't done so yet.
7 Reasons Why Scarlet Concept Store is Totally Awesome
1. First and foremost, Scarlet is the full packageThat caters to ladies who are looking for a one-stop-shop to get ready before a night on the town. Clara and her partners designed Scarlet to be a place where ladies can come choose a nice outfit, get their nails done and their hair did, and go straight to dinner or a bar. The concept of a fashion boutique plus a beauty lounge makes it such a unique experience that doesn't revolve purely around shopping. There's a homey social context that you feel there.
2. Scarlet opens till 10pm on weekendsThis is part of catering to those ladies who want to pass by Scarlet and then continue to start their evening. It's basically where the pre-party at ladies.
3. From clothes to shoes to bags and accessories, Scarlet concept store has everythingIf you're looking for cool, new fashion pieces of any sort, you can start here. The store's aim is to provide Lebanese women with super trendy outfits.
4. Scarlet’s specialty is head accessoriesThis includes items like headbands, turbans and hats. They also offer customers the option to customize beach hats; Clara showed us one hat she customized for herself!
5. Clara and her partners handpick the collectionsThey select the collections from designers in mainly Paris but also London and the States. They also sell fashion items from selected local designers (like Vanina).
6. Scarlet's prices are actually affordableClara told us that their aim is always stay that way. You'll see price tags in the store ranging from about $30-$150. That sounds pretty good to us.
7. The Beauty Lounge is BrilliantThis is the part that tops everything off. The hair salon is situated near the racks of clothes where they offer all hair services within the range of $50. Their specialty is doing braids of all kinds (FYI the hairdresser is very friendly and will gladly pamper you). The nail bar is up on the second floor where you can sit and relax while getting a mani/pedi.
Happy shopping! And don't forget to tell the ladies you heard about the store first on Raghunter
Visit Scarlet Concept Store
Address: Abdel Wahab Street, Achrafieh | Tel: +961-1-200 271 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org | Instagram: @scarlet_beirut